FI4Fl0PGX14tiLVN8g1HFXcDgOg The Pitbull Palace: Welcome to the Family Koen

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Welcome to the Family Koen

Hey guys, sorry we haven't been able to post in the past couple days. Motley and I have been out of the house so much that I haven't been able to sit down and get our thoughts together. We hope everyone enjoyed President's Day. Hopefully you were lucky enough to get off work and enjoy it. 

Motley insisted I take the time to share some big news that just happened within our family that he is extremely excited about. He's got a new doggy family member!!!

Here's some background information. My aunt and uncle used to have two german shepherd mixes that after the years grew old and passed away. They waited a little bit before considering it was time to get a new doggy companion, and went looking for another beloved german shepherd. After looking around for awhile, they found the one. I introduce you to Molly!


What a pretty girl she is!!! 

So jumping forward a little bit, it got in my Aunt and Uncle's minds that they had the time, space, a resources to possibly become a home for a foster dog. This is something I personally commend them for greatly!! Not everybody can do that, yet alone do it whole-heartedly. 

This is where Koen, another German Shepherd comes into the picture. He was there first foster dog and when he came to their house you couldn't do anything but feel bad for this guy's past. Koen went through some bad stuff, even having to get one of his legs amputated. I was happy to see while in his foster house Koen was gonna be able to get the presidential treatment. He deserved it!!!



Because of my Aunt and Uncle, Koen was now able to experience the beach/water, get to go on hikes, and have one of the best sisters around, Molly. 




After some time and a bunch of failed adoption attempts, it soon became evident that this might really be the place for Koen to call his forever home. It would have been hard not seeing him around anymore, esp for Molly!:) After thinking and thinking about it they decided Koen was where he needed to be!!! Welcome to the family Koen!!!!

I just wanted to post about this because you don't always get to see a dogs turnaround from bad to good. I also would once again like to commend my Aunt and Uncle for taking the time to get Koen back on track and showing him the love and dedication he needed and deserved. Motley's looking forward to all the big dog play dates in the future!!!!




14 comments:

  1. Too funny-- the pictures of Molly look nearly identical to a dog my friend adopted. She adopted him at 6 weeks as a Rott mix-- very clear he WAS NOT a Rott, especially as he grows. The puppy picture of Molly is so similar, except he doesn't appear to be growing much. Vets and trainers guessed shepherd mix as he grew up and she's still not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those two are precious together! Congratulations to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was an awesome blog...your aunt and uncle are wonderful for doing what they do for koen and now molly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had the money and room to have a foster dog and cat!!! I love the animals so much!!! We really don't have enough $$ for the dog and cat we have now!!! But you just have to have a couple of animals don't you?????

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! Kudos to your aunt and uncle for first fostering and then adopting Koen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, what beautiful dogs! Your aunt and uncle are such good people to open their hearts and home to Molly and Koen. It's a good feeling to know that they're in a good, loving home for the rest of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pics of some happy dogs AND they are beautiful.
    Molly & Koen are very lucky to have such caring people adopt them. There are SO many looking for forever homes, hope your Aunt and Uncle continue to foster. Looks and sounds like they are very good at it.
    Wags
    Ernie and the rest of the pack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great news for Koen & Molly. You're Aunt & Uncle rock for realizing that they could give him loving forever home. Now those bad memories will fade with time for him, I hope.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous pair - and those ears! Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like the head tilt both of them do!!! both great dogs with great personalities!!! I will make sure to update on them time to time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Koen and Molly together look just perfect! It's good to know that Koen has a family for keeps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been happier to read about a "failed foster" - Koen and Molly DO look perfect together - how could anyone break split that up? So happy to see Koen is in a safe and loving home after having such a rough start.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hawoooo wooo! Happy husky woooos mates!

    RA, Isis & Nanuk!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to meet you and thanks fur stopping by my blog! I is a foster failure, too! Nobuddy wanted me coz I woz skeered of efurrything when I woz younger and I got adopted and returned so I told mom I woz staying and that woz that. Gotta love our shepherd radar ears, BOL!

    ReplyDelete